- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup All-bran
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Toss all of the ingredients together.
- Spread them onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the granola at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or until it is golden brown, stirring it every five minutes or so to ensure that it doesn’t stick to the pan and/or burn.
- Stir it again when you remove it from the oven and then let it cool on the pan.
- Store it in a sealed container.
Itsy Bitsy Foodies
Itsy Bitsy Foodies is an online resource for families looking for ways to spend more time together enjoying food and exploring the world beyond the children’s menu. They offer tips to help kids become more adventurous eaters, getting them involved in the kitchen and introducing them to new and exciting ingredients. They feel strongly that getting kids involved in meal choices and cooking at an early age will help them make smarter eating and lifestyle choices, and ideally help to reverse the fast food trend.