50 Ways to Take the Junk Out of Junk Food by Julie Whittingham (Globe Pequot, 2003)
- 7 cups air-popped corn
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp light margarine
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Put popcorn into large bowl and flavor with salt, to taste.
- Mix in peanuts.
- Put honey, margarine, and cinnamon into a microwave-safe container and cook on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture over-salted popcorn and peanuts. Stir to coat well.
- Spread popcorn evenly in a lightly oiled jellyroll pan or large sheet pan.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes. Stir once while cooking.
- Let cool 15 minutes before eating or storing in airtight container.
270 Calories, 6 g Protein, 24 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 18 g Total Fat (3 g sat, 9 g mono, 6 g poly), 3 mg Sodium, Manganese, Vitamin A, B3 (niacin), E, K, Copper, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc