- Heat oil in a large pot and pop corn according to package directions.
- Place popped corn in a large mixing bowl. Add the snack mixes.
- Place the barley malt and maple syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour the hot syrup over the popped corn mixture. Mix thoroughly until all popcorn mixture is completely coated with syrup.
- Pour 1 cup cold water into a small bowl. Lightly moisten your hands with the cold water.
- Take a handful of the popcorn mixture and form it into a ball while packing firmly with you hands, just like you would if making a snowball.
- Repeat the above steps, making sure to moisten your hands before making each ball.
- Wrap the balls in wax paper or baking paper, or place in a covered container and freeze until the syrup hardens.
These whole grain popcorn balls make a healthier breakfast treat than pastries.
Per serving - 226 calories, 18 gram fat (52% calories from fat), 5 gram protein, 30 gram carbohydrate, 4 gram fiber, 0 milligram cholesterol, 106 milligram sodium