- Heat oil in a large pot and pop corn according to package directions.
- Place popped corn in a large mixing bowl. Add the snack mixes.
- Place the barley malt and maple syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour the hot syrup over the popped corn mixture. Mix thoroughly until all popcorn mixture is completely coated with syrup.
- Pour 1 cup cold water into a small bowl. Lightly moisten your hands with the cold water.
- Take a handful of the popcorn mixture and form it into a ball while packing firmly with you hands, just like you would if making a snowball.
- Repeat the above steps, making sure to moisten your hands before making each ball.
- Wrap the balls in wax paper or baking paper, or place in a covered container and freeze until the syrup hardens.
These whole grain popcorn balls make a healthier breakfast treat than pastries.
226 calories, 18 g fat (52% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.