- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/4 tsp salt (preferable coarse kosher salt)
- 1/3 cup dried pitted cherries
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add chili powder and cayenne and stir until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Pour over pecans. Mix in sugar, orange zest, and salt.
- Transfer to a baking pan. Roast until nuts are toasted, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine toasted pecans, cherries, pepitas, and cranberries. Mix to combine.