- 28 oz can whole tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar, to taste
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 or 2 Tbsp oregano, crushed, to taste
- 2 tsp grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Mix all of the ingredients with a masher or hand-held blending device to mash up the tomatoes.*
- Cover the sauce with plastic wrap and let it chill overnight so that the flavors can marinate together.
- Bring it to room temperature for an hour or so before you will use it.**
- *We prefer leaving some chunks so that the sauce is not too runny.
- **It can be used immediately if you do not have time to let it rest overnight, but there won't be as much depth to the flavor.
Complete Your Pizza
Our friends at Itsy Bitsy Foodies have collected the ultimate DIY pizza kit.
Itsy Bitsy Foodies
Itsy Bitsy Foodies is an online resource for families looking for ways to spend more time together enjoying food and exploring the world beyond the children’s menu. They offer tips to help kids become more adventurous eaters, getting them involved in the kitchen and introducing them to new and exciting ingredients. They feel strongly that getting kids involved in meal choices and cooking at an early age will help them make smarter eating and lifestyle choices, and ideally help to reverse the fast food trend.