- 28 oz can whole tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar, to taste
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 or 2 Tbsp oregano, crushed, to taste
- 2 tsp grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Mix all of the ingredients with a masher or hand-held blending device to mash up the tomatoes.*
- Cover the sauce with plastic wrap and let it chill overnight so that the flavors can marinate together.
- Bring it to room temperature for an hour or so before you will use it.**
- *We prefer leaving some chunks so that the sauce is not too runny.
- **It can be used immediately if you do not have time to let it rest overnight, but there won't be as much depth to the flavor.
Complete Your Pizza
Our friends at Itsy Bitsy Foodies have collected the ultimate DIY pizza kit.