- 1 cup fresh peas (or frozen, thawed)
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small head broccoli, blanched
- 1/2 cup baby corn
- 1 small bunch watercress, chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts, optional, for garnish
- In a medium salad bowl, combine peas, brown rice, red pepper, broccoli, baby corn and watercress.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, rice vinegar, and garlic.
- Add the dressing to the rice mixture, tossing well to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with pine nuts, if using.
Per serving: 160 Calories, 3 g Protein, 22 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 7 g Total fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono, 1 g poly), 42 mg Sodium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin K, Manganese, Phosphorus, Selenium