- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked*
- 1/4 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tsp natural salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion (white and green parts)
- 1 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Natural salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shelled raw edamame
- 1/2 cup raw sprouted watermelon seeds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- To make dressing: Throw all dressing ingredients into a blender and blast on high for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. Chill in fridge.
- To assemble salad: Toss broccoli, celery, green onion, almonds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds, along with optional edamame, watermelon seeds, and raisin boosters.
- Add dressing and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finely dicing the vegetables is critical, to make sure all the ingredients are uniformly dressed and that you get all the flavors with every bite. The mayo-style dressing is thick, to achieve the “stick to your ribs” effect raw dishes often lack.
- *Soak the cashews in filtered room-temperature water for 30 minutes in a glass, ceramic, or non-reactive metal vessel.
Per serving (as a starter and with optional boosters): 715 Calories, 26 g Protein, 47 g Carbohydrates, 16 g Fiber, 51 g Total fat (6 g sat), 475 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, D, E, K, Folate, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, ★★★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), Iron, ★★★
Vitamin B6, Potassium, ★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), Calcium