The Art of Tofu by Akasha Richmond (Morinaga, 1997)
- 8 cups (2 quarts) water or vegetable stock
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash or Japanese pumpkin
- 1 large medium-white onion, sliced in moons
- 1 leek, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 package Mori-Nu Silken Lite Firm Tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup white or yellow miso
- Chopped fresh chives or parsley
- Bring ingredients except tofu and miso to a boil in a large pot. Once boiling, cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Add tofu and miso. Puree well in the container of a blender. Pass through wire mesh strainer to remove any fiber.
- Garnish with chopped chives or parsley.
105 calories, 5 g protein, 23 g carbohydrates, 1 g total fat, 188 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 7 g fiber