- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 3 cups low-sodium tomato or vegetable juice
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew cubes
- 1 can (14 oz) whole tomatoes
- 3 to 4 carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 6 small whole onions
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large casserole dish or Dutch oven, blend salt and pepper, marjoram, flour, and Worcestershire (if using).
- Stir in the tomato juice, mixing well to combine. Add beef cubes and stir well to blend. Cover and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°. Remove casserole and add remaining ingredients, stirring gently to blend.
- Cover and return to oven for two hours, until vegetables are tender and meat is cooked. Remove bay leaf before serving.
319 Calories, 27 g Protein, 27 g Carbo-hydrates, 6 g Fiber, 12 g Total fat (4 g sat, 5 g mono, 1 g poly), 401 mg Sodium, Vitamin A, C, Zinc, Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6, Copper, Phosphorus, Biotin, Folate, K, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Potassium