- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/4 cups basil, leaves picked
- 1 cup mint, leaves picked
- Salt and pepper
- Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- Sauté onion in oil and 1 tablespoon water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add peas, followed by boiling broth, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add herbs, blend until smooth, and season to taste.
For an Asian twist, add some chili flakes when cooking the onion, and substitute the basil with Thai basil.
193 Calories, 13 g Protein, 30 g Carbohydrates, 9 g Fiber, 3 g Total fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono, 1 g poly), 395 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, K, Manganese, ★★★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Copper, ★★★ Vitamin A, B3 (niacin), Phosphorus, ★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B6, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Molybdenum, Zinc, ★ Potassium