- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 c chopped baby spinach leaves, removed from rib
- 2 c carrot juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium gluten-free tamari, optional
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a soup pot set over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and spinach. Saute until spinach is wilted, approximately 5 minutes.
- In a high-speed blender or with the help of an immersion blender, puree spinach mixture with juice, mint, avocado, tamari (if using), and lemon juice until smooth.
- Return mixture to pot and warm over low heat. Serve.
This soup is full of chlorophyll-rich spinach, which helps eliminate the body’s load of toxic chlorinated pollutants.
Per Serving: 156 Calories, 3 g Protein, 14 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 10 g Total fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono, 1 g poly), 363 mg Sodium, Good source of Vitamin C, Fair source of Vitamin K, Folate, Iron, Potassium