- 1 medium butternut squash (1 1/2 to 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 small bunch lacinato kale, ribs removed, shredded (about 4 cups lightly packed)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 loaf Food For Life Gluten Free Sprouted For Life bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces Gruyère cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Lightly grease a 9x13" baking pan and set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, toss to combine squash, onion, oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper, and spread in a single layer. Bake until squash is tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, sage, bread cubes, 1/2 tsp salt, and squash mixture. Transfer to prepared pan, pour broth evenly over the top, and sprinkle with cheese. Loosely cover with foil and bake 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake until stuffing is browned, about 10 minutes more.
Food For Life
Food For Life takes the time to sprout the grains in most all of their products to release nutrients that would otherwise remain dormant. In other cases, they use more than 18 grains and seeds from all over the world in a single loaf of bread, so you can benefit from the most nutrient rich, wholesome products out there.
Food For Life developed yeast-free, gluten-free, vegan and diabetic-friendly selections that promote wellness, happiness and assure peace of mind. From their pastas and breads, to their cereals, tortillas and english muffins, they strive to bring you the very best food for your life.