- 3 large carrots, cut into 1 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1 lb red bliss potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 3 medium parsnips, cut into 1 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss vegetables with oil and thyme in a large bowl. Add additional oil if veggies seem dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables in oven on an 11 by 17-inch baking sheet.
- After about 20 minutes, turn vegetables over with a spatula for even browning.
- Roast for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are brown at the edges and tender when pierced with a fork.