- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- In a medium size saucepan cook cauliflower in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine cauliflower with 2 Tbsp butter, onion, cheese, sour cream, and salt. Spoon into a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the cauliflower mixture.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or till heated through.
For a healthier version, you can substitute low-fat cheddar cheese, use light or fat-free sour cream, use whole wheat bread crumbs, and you can add 1 tsp of wheat germ to the bread crumbs.