- 12 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, place potatoes, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and just enough water to cover potatoes by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a medium roasting pan, combine oil and garlic.
- Drain potatoes and add them to pan. Sprinkle potatoes with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and toss gently to coat potatoes in oil and garlic.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Using a potato masher, gently flatten potatoes until they are about 1-inch thick. Spoon some oil from pan over potatoes and roast another 10 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
Looking for More?
Are you interested in learning more about Scandinavian-inspired cuisine? Check this out!