- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, oven roasted until tender
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Bake the potatoes cooked until fork tender.
- Peel and mash with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients while continuing to mash.
- Adjust flavor with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or reheat in a pan when ready.
Tips for the perfect mashed potatoes:
- The trick to good mashed potato is picking a good potato. I like Yukon Golds for the sweeter creamier flavor and texture.
- To get a great texture, use a ricer.
- When mashing, don’t want to overwork the potato because it will can get a gooey, gummy texture.