- 1/2 cup (120 ml) juice of choice
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) gelatin
- 1 tablespoon (20 g) honey
- Silicone Candy Molds
- In a small saucepan, add the juice and sprinkle with the gelatin. Let the gelatin bloom for 3 minutes.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin melts. (Do not boil.)
- Transfer the liquid to silicone candy molds. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight and remove from the molds.
- Make a large batch of fruit snacks ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator.
- Hard-boil the egg, cut the vegetable sticks, and cube the cheese the night before.
- In the morning, make the cut-out sandwiches.
Here are some tips on what to pack in a bento filled with love for little children who are starting school, especially for the first time:
- Pack something they like.
- Don’t overpack. You don’t want to make them feel bad for not finishing the food you made.
- Make it fun (just a little). It takes only a few extra minutes to cut out sandwiches into fun shapes or mold hard-boiled eggs.
These homemade fruit snacks are healthier than store-bought versions and are naturally sweetened! Silicone candy molds are available in many different shapes.