- Lean cut of brisket, approximately 3 lb
- 1 head of green cabbage, quartered into wedges
- 6 large red potatoes, quartered
- 6 large carrots, unpeeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 medium white onions, quartered
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf, torn
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slow Cooker
- Rinse brisket in cold water and pat dry.
- Place brisket in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover brisket with mustard.
- Place potatoes, carrots and onions on top of brisket.
- Season with onion powder, garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Mix brown sugar with 1 c of cold water and pour over brisket and vegetables.
- Add cold water to just below the top of vegetables.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Place cabbage on the top of vegetables.
- Cook for another 2 hours.
Leftover corned beef can be used for delicious sandwiches!