- 12 to 15 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place parsnips on baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Dot butter over parsnips and roast for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle maple syrup over top, roll parsnips around a bit, and roast for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.