- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, preferably organic
- 4 eggs, preferably organic
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry or all-purpose flour (or a combination)
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Toppings (optional):
- confectioners’ sugar with a spritz of lemon juice
- warmed maple syrup
- sliced seasonal fruit
- Choose a large, shallow baking dish or a paella pan for this recipe; don’t use a deep-sided dish. Your pan needs to hold 3 to 4 quarts.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Put butter in casserole dish and place in hot oven to melt.
- Beat eggs at high speed in a medium bowl. Reduce speed and slowly add milk, then flour and cinnamon. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Remove pan from oven and pour in batter. Bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cut in wedges and serve immediately on warmed plates with toppings of your choice. (Guests will enjoy choosing from a variety of toppings.)