- 5 Granny Smith apples (should be very crisp and tart)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup walnuts or almonds (well chopped)
- 1/2 cup finely crushed Mary’s Gone Crackers Original
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup or less* melted butter (or substitute with ghee, coconut oil or other light tasting oil)
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well and pour into a baking dish (no need to grease it).
- Shake the pan to distribute the apples well.
- Combine all topping ingredients and mix well. Evenly distribute the topping on the apples and pat down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until apples are tender and bubbly. If topping begins to brown too much, turn the heat down to 325 and cover with foil.
*Use enough fat to ensure all topping ingredients are coated but crumbly enough to sprinkle on top of the apples.