- 1 1/2 cups almond flour*
- 3/4 cup granulated stevia**
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together almond flour, stevia, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl whisk together butter, eggs, lemon juice, and almond extract. Whisk flour mixture into liquid mixture until ingredients are completely combined together and a thick, sticky batter forms.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto prepared pans, spacing cookies approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Rotate baking sheets in oven and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, until edges of cookies start to turn light golden brown.
- Remove baking sheets from oven. Let cookies cool on pans for approximately 5 minutes. Remove with a spatula.
- *If you can’t find almond meal flour in your favorite natural market, you can easily make your own. For this recipe, you’ll need approximately 1 2/3 cup slivered almonds to make 11/2 cups almond flour. Place slivered almonds in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until the nuts are pulverized into a fine meal, stirring with a spoon if the almonds are still unevenly ground (make sure the machine is turned OFF). Be careful not to over blend, or you may end up with almond butter.
- **Look for a brand of granulated stevia that equals sugar cup for cup. The package will state this.