- 1 qt filtered water or spring water
- 4 green tea bags or 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp loose-leaf green tea
- 1⁄4 cup raw or white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup kombucha starter culture liquid
- 1 kombucha Mother, a little smaller than size of your palm
In kombucha brewing, the sugars convert into acids, leaving a low-sugar drink. If you want to make a vinegar or a totally sugar-free product, allow it to ferment for several weeks and use the kombucha vinegar in salad dressings.
Now that you have mastered making basic kombucha, give this Green Tea Kombucha with Apple recipe a try!