- 1 pint glass jar with a plastic lid
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3 heaping Tbsp dried hawthorn berries
- 3 heaping Tbsp dried black elderberries
- 2 heaping Tbsp dried rosehips
- 2 heaping Tbsp dried hibiscus flowers
- Unpasteurized raw apple cider vinegar
- Honey, preferably raw and local
- Loosely fill jar with "berries" according to approximate measurements given, or to taste.
- Fill halfway with vinegar, the rest of the way with honey. Cover, shake vigorously.
- Shake daily for two weeks, then strain through a fine mesh strainer or clean cloth, squeezing out as much as possible.
- Enjoy one teaspoon to one tablespoon one to two times daily just before meals.
- Store in a glass jar with a plastic lid. If you don’t have plastic lids available, you can place a piece of parchment or wax paper between the jar and the lid.
- This is relatively shelf stable but is best kept refrigerated and used within six months to one year.
More on Healthy Berries
Their effects are as wide-ranging as their colors and flavor.