- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup organic raw blue agave nectar (dark agave)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine water, coconut sugar, agave, cocoa powder, and espresso powder (if using) in a heavy sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until smooth. Boil for 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Whisk in vanilla and let cool for about an hour. Sauce will thicken more as it cools.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge for up to 10 days. Serve warm or cold.