For the Chilli
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 (approximately 13 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (approximately 10 oz) can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 (approximately 9 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Bowl
- 2 handfuls corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Fresh Salsa (recipe follows)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Handful watercress or sprouts
- 1 lime, quartered
- Heat a large saucepan on low. Lightly sauté onion, garlic, and bell peppers.
- Add all other Chilli ingredients and stir well. Simmer for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Spoon into serving bowls and serve with chips, salsa, avocado, cilantro, watercress or sprouts, and a wedge of lime.
This yummy chilli bowl always hits the spot when you feel like a tasty meal in a hurry. The chilli freezes really well in portions, making it an ideal recipe for your Sunday food prep. Use leftovers to top baked sweet potato, or to have with tacos, rice, or salad.
Ready to try it out?
Use this Fresh Salsa to prepare this amazing Mexi Chilli Bowl Recipe.