- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp red curry paste, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut crystals or honey, divided
- 4 (6-oz) salmon fillets with skin
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Place 2 teaspoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon of the curry paste, and 1 teaspoon of the coconut crystals in a small bowl and stir well. Rub paste onto top and sides of each salmon fillet.
- Place remaining teaspoon of oil in a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon, skin side up, and pan-sear for 3 minutes. Carefully flip fillets over.
- Add rest of ingredients and remaining 1/2 teaspoon curry paste to skillet. Poach salmon in liquid for 5 to 7 minutes, until center of each fillet just cracks and flakes.
- Remove fillets and keep warm on a plate covered with foil.
- Simmer sauce for 3 to 5 minutes, until it has reduced by half.
- Serve fillets topped with red curry sauce.
422 Calories, 35 g Protein, 4 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 29 g Total fat, 221 mg Sodium. ★★★ (niacin), B6, B12, and Selenium