- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp peeled and chopped ginger
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with their juices
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 3 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in a roasting pan and roast until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a large pan set over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder and sauté for one minute. Add drained chickpeas, tomatoes and their juices, and stock. Simmer mixture over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add roasted sweet potatoes, coconut milk, and spinach. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve curry on its own or over brown rice.