- Whole beets with greens
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the greens from the beets, and save them for later.
- Scrub the beets and place in a baking dish. Add 1/4 inch of water to the dish. Cover and roast in oven for 30 to 50 minutes depending on size.
- They are done when you can easily slide a knife in. Allow to cool and slip off the skins.
- The greens can be cooked like spinach.
- Steam uncovered in a pan with a small amount of boiling water (around 1/2 inch depth)
- Gently saute in garlic, olive oil and red pepper flakes
- Roasted beets are perfect on their own or add a slight drizzle of your favorite vinaigrette.
- Some people enjoy topping them with feta or blue cheese.