"More Soy of Cooking" by Marie Oser, 2000
- 1 package Mori-Nu Extra Firm Silken Tofu, frozen and defrosted
- 1/2 cup vegetarian chicken broth, boiling
- 1 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Granulated garlic
- 2 cups loosely packed shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup Mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/2 each red and yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas, cooked
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lite sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. Ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced scallions
- Tear defrosted tofu into unequal pieces and place in a non reactive bowl.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small liquid measuring cup and pour over defrosted tofu. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- Drain tofu and return to microwave safe bowl. Cover and cook on full power for 3 minutes, drain thoroughly, pressing gently, and set aside.
- Place salad ingredients, except tofu, in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using a wire whisk, mix together the dressing ingredients in a small liquid measuring cup, and set aside.
- Toss salad ingredients, top with tofu and cilantro, pour dressing over all and serve immediately.
When Silken Lite Tofu is sliced, frozen and defrosted, it mimics the texture of cooked poultry.
130 Calories, 5g Fat, 15g Carbohydrates, 631mg Sodium, 0mg Cholesterol, 9g Protein, 3g Fiber