- 2 broccoli florets, chopped
- 12 shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 avocado
- Handful of mixed greens
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa cooked in 1 cup bone broth or water
- Sweet Potato Sport Dressing
- Boil Eggs
- Remove eggs from the fridge a few minutes prior, and let a medium sized pot come to a boil over high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, lower the heat just for a few seconds and use a slotted spoon to add both eggs to the pot. Return the heat to high and let them boil for 8 minutes.(1)
- While they are boiling, prepare an ice bath in a bowl by adding ice and cold water, and set this beside the pot.
- At 8 minutes, remove eggs and place them in the ice bath. Set aside.
- Prepare quinoa by following the directions on your package. Optional: substitute water for bone broth for additional protein, amino acids, collagen and bone minerals.(2)
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat and add garlic and onion. Stir until fragrant, then add broccoli and shiitake mushrooms. Cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes, until broccoli is bright in color.
- Remove eggs from ice bath and carefully peel them by cracking the shell and letting cold water run over them while you peel. Set eggs aside.
- In two bowls add a large spoonful of cooked quinoa, the vegetables and mixed greens, and a boiled egg cut in half. Slice an avocado in half, then dice half into each bowl. Spoon a generous amount of dressing overtop each bowl.
- 8 minutes leads to softer, jammy eggs, while 10 to 12 minutes leads to hard boiled eggs.
- Cooking grains in bone broth enhances the nutritional value and the taste. If following a plant-based diet, this isn’t necessary. Because this recipe is geared towards an active lifestyle involving the natural wear & tear of muscles, it incorporates a nutrient dense food that helps to counteract this: bone broth contains collagen and gelatin, a huge component of the ligaments and joints.
Here's the Dressing Recipe:
It's the perfect topping for your power bowls.