- 2 cups Eden Organic Quinoa, washed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups water, for cooking quinoa
- 2/3 cups pitted black olives, cut in half
- 2/3 cups pitted green olives, cut in half
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly pan toasted
- 1 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Eden Ume Plum Vinegar, or to taste
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Toss to cool, then mix in remaining ingredients, adding ume plum vinegar last and seasoning to taste. Delicious as a salad, main dish or side dish.
Per serving: 269 calories, 12g fat (38% calories from fat), 9g protein, 33g carbohydrate, 12g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.