- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 cups seedless watermelon, cubed or shaped into balls (let the watermelon sit in a colander for a while to drain some of the juice)
- 5 cups baby arugula, washed and spun as dry as you can get it
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, honey and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Gently mix drained watermelon pieces with arugula in a large salad bowl. If you are getting a lot of watermelon juice at the bottom of the bowl, drain in colander and then place salad back in bowl. Mix in onion, mint, and cheese.
- Pour a portion of dressing down the sides of the bowl. Gently toss. Add dressing and toss only as needed. Because arugula is a very delicate green and there are wet ingredients in this recipe, you want to be conservative with the dressing so the dish doesn't get soggy.