- 1 (14 oz) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 mild long red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed to a paste with a little sea salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 16 cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled
- 2 handfuls of arugula leaves
- Heat beans with a little salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and then tip into a bowl.
- While still warm, combine beans with olive oil, lemon juice and zest, honey, pepper, and chili.
- Allow to cool and then combine with remaining ingredients.
Feel free to change the beans to flageolet or kidney beans, the shrimp to cooked skinless chicken, and the arugula to watercress or Belgian endive.
130 calories, 3.7 g Fat, 0.7 g saturated fat, 4.3 g sugar, 3.6 g fiber, 0.9 g salt