- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 baking potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (28 oz) cans peeled whole tomatoes, with their juices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Place onion, potato, orange juice, bay leaf, and 3 cups water in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium and cook mixture for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juices to pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until potato chunks are tender. Discard bay leaf.
- Purée with a hand-held blender or in a high-speed blender until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives.
155 Calories, 5 g Protein, 35 g Carbohydrates, 9 g Fiber, 1 g Total fat, 752 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B6, C, ★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), K, Potassium, ★ Vitamin A, E, Calcium, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus