- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 oz) package extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil, plus additional for grill
- In a high-speed blender, purée parsley, cilantro, garlic, extravirgin olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste until smooth. Set aside.
- Slice drained tofu into 12 slices. Lay slices on a rimmed baking sheet lined with a clean kitchen towel. Top tofu slices with another clean towel. Place another baking sheet on top. Set a heavy skillet on baking sheet to remove water from tofu. After 15 minutes, remove tofu and pat dry.
- Brush tofu with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Lightly oil grill grates with additional vegetable oil.
- Grill tofu slices 3 minutes per side, or until lightly charred. Remove tofu from grill. Brush with herb sauce. Serve remaining sauce on side.