- 2 cups Eden Quinoa or Eden Red Quinoa, washed and drained
- 3 cups water, for cooking quinoa
- Place quinoa and 3 cups water in a medium saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from flame and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, bring 4 cups of water to a boil, add the shiitake, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove shiitake, discard stems and slice caps. (If using Eden Sliced Shiitake, just place in the water without soaking and do not remove.)
- Place the shiitake back into the boiling water. Add onions and garlic and cook another 5 minutes. Slowly add the dissolved kuzu, stirring constantly to prevent lumping, until thick and translucent.
- Add the shoyu, reduce flame to low, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over quinoa. Garnish with chopped green onions.