- 2 cups Eden Quinoa or Eden Red Quinoa, washed and drained
- 3 cups water, for cooking quinoa
- Place quinoa and 3 cups water in a medium saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from flame and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, bring 4 cups of water to a boil, add the shiitake, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove shiitake, discard stems and slice caps. (If using Eden Sliced Shiitake, just place in the water without soaking and do not remove.)
- Place the shiitake back into the boiling water. Add onions and garlic and cook another 5 minutes. Slowly add the dissolved kuzu, stirring constantly to prevent lumping, until thick and translucent.
- Add the shoyu, reduce flame to low, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over quinoa. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.