- 1 Tbsp and 1 3⁄4 tsp olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bunches collard greens - rinsed, trimmed and chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1⁄4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-heat. Add garlic and gently sauté.
- Add collard greens and fry until they start to wilt.
- Add stock, salt and pepper. Turn heat to low-medium and simmer greens for 45 minutes, until greens are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Drain greens, reserving liquid. Mix in red pepper flakes if desired.