- Cook pasta per package directions, rinse, drain and set aside.
- Place 4 cups water, kombu, and shiitake in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove Kombu, set aside for soup stock or discard. Cover pan and simmer 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add shoyu, and simmer 2 minutes.
- Place the cooked soba in serving bowls, ladle the hot broth over, and garnish each with gomasio and scallions.
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.