- 4 medium tomatillos, husks and stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems or basil leaves
- 1/3 cup shelled roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and cut
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions (include both white and green parts)
- 1/2 sp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup olive, canola, or grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp mild vinegar (white balsamic, apple cider, or rice) or lime juice
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until nearly smooth or to desired consistency.
Serve any extra amounts of this salsa with beans, eggs, chicken, or fish.
Try It With These
This salsa, and the right meal, are the perfect match.