- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked or 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almonds (easy to do yourself, see instructions below)
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp kelp powder
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 plus 1 Tbsp Organic Vegenaise®
- 1 1⁄2 tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Optional: fresh or dried parsley, a bit of dried dill, red pepper flakes
Blanch the Almonds
- Boil water.
- Add raw almonds, cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain, let cool, peel.
Make the Filling
- In a food processor, pulse chickpeas and almonds until coarsely chopped (add a drizzle of olive oil or teaspoon of water if needed for processing).
- Add lemon juice and kelp powder. Blend until well combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add celery, onion, soy mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, herbs. Mix well. Tip: If it's too dry, add more mayo!
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1⁄2 hour before serving.
Make the Wraps
- Spread wrap thinly with a bit of the mayo and mustard.
- Place filling near the bottom of the wrap, add spinach leaves, some ground pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil
- Wrap and serve.