- 4 sweet potatoes (approximately 2 to 3 lbs total)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts finely chopped
- 3 cup finely chopped kale
- 3/4 cup lowfat milk, or unsweetened plain soymilk, rice milk, or coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake sweet potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, approximately 40 minutes.
- Let potatoes cool to the touch. Split in half lengthwise. Scoop flesh out with a spoon, being careful to keep skins intact. Refrigerate skins for later use in Twice-Baked Potatoes recipe.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté until softened, approximately 3 minutes. Add kale and sauté an additional 3 minutes.
- Transfer leek and kale mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add cooked sweet potato flesh. Using a hand mixer or handheld potato masher, blend mixture with milk until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or reserve mixture for later use.