- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup peeled, finely diced apple or 1 cup finely diced fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 cup apple, orange, or pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tsp grated fresh or jarred ginger, or more, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Dried hot red pepper flakes to taste
- 3–4 Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup, to taste
- Place all ingredients except agave nectar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer gently for 20 to 25 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Add agave nectar to taste and simmer uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes longer, until thickened. Let chutney cool to room temperature. Transfer to a serving bowl. If making ahead, transfer to a tightly sealed jar or container. Refrigerate until needed. Before serving, bring to room temperature.