- 6 ounces organic dried apples
- 1/2 cup organic Turkish apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup EDEN Cranberries
- 3 1/2 cups EDEN Apple Juice
- 1/4 cup organic seedless raisins
- 1/4 cup organic golden seedless raisins
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp EDEN Kuzu Root Starch, dissolved in 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp EDEN Genmai Miso, dissolved in 3 T. orange juice
- or EDEN Mugi Miso
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp EDEN Mirin
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly pan roasted and chopped
- Soak dried apples in 3 1/2 cups apple juice for 30 minutes.
- Remove from juice, squeeze and reserve the soaking juice.
- Chop the apples and apricots into small pieces.
- Combine fruit, soaking juice, raisins and 1 cup water in a sauce pan. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add dissolved kuzu, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes thick and shiny.
- Add the dissolved miso with orange juice, spices, orange peel, mirin and walnuts.
- Simmer, constantly stirring for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Make the pie crust by first mixing the flours, salt and oil together with a fork or pastry blender until the flour forms small pebbles.
- Add the liquid all at once, mixing quickly, to form a ball of dough. Do not over mix or knead.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface, forming a crust.
- Place crust in a 9" pie plate. Crimp edges and trim crust.
- Poke holes several places in the bottom of the crust with a fork to allow steam to release and prevent bubbling.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove and place filling in the crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until crust is golden, remove and allow to cool before slicing
Variation: couscous can be used to make a pie crust. Please see EDEN's recipe for Pie Crust - No Bake Couscous.
Per serving: 420 calories, 12g fat (23% calories from fat), 5g protein, 88g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium