- Prepare a charcoal grill with a medium fire, concentrating hot coals on one side of kettle.
- Season salmon with salt and let it rest for 20 minutes. Lightly drizzle fish with oil. Place fish skin side down on grill over hot coals. Cook until edges of fish begin to crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes. Lift entire grill grate and rotate it so fish rests opposite hot coals. Cover grill and continue to cook over indirect heat until fish is done.
- Serve with Louisiana Remoulade.
If using a gas grill:
- Preheat all burners to medium-high. Place the salmon on one side of the hot grates.
- Once it begins to char around the edges, turn off the burner directly under the food and cover the grill to finish cooking.