- 1 large lime
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sambal oelek (ground fresh chili paste)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Cooking spray
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grate 1/4 teaspoon zest from lime into a small bowl. Squeeze 3 tablespoons juice from lime into a small saucepan. Add brown sugar and next 5 ingredients to saucepan with juice; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring just until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 2 minutes or just until mixture thickens to a syrupy consistency. Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil. Remove 3 tablespoons glaze to a small bowl. Stir zest into reserved glaze; keep warm and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Place chicken in a single layer on prepared pan and season with salt and pepper. Toss chicken with reserved 3 tablespoons glaze.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Turn chicken over; brush with remaining glaze and bake for 10 to 12 more minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 165°. Place chicken on a platter. Sprinkle with green onions.
Drumsticks are not only affordable, they’re fun. Kids, big and little, love to eat with their hands. With this glaze, things will get a little messy, but the flavor is well worth the extra napkins
516 Calories, 49 g Protein, 20 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 26 g Total fat (7 g sat), 584 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), B6, B12, Phosphorus, ★★★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Zinc, ★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), K, ★ Vitamin C, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium