- 3/4 cups almond butter
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 3 tbsp tahini or cashew butter
- 2 roasted red bell peppers
- Turn broiler on high.
- Place peppers on a baking sheet and roast until the skin turns dark, rotate and continue to roast until the skin turns dark and appears burnt.
- Remove from oven and seal in a bowl with plastic wrap or air-tight container (the trapped steam will loosen the skin.)
- Let peppers cool for 15 minutes. Gently peel off the skin. Slice lengthwise, careful to removing seeds and pulp.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve as a sandwich spread and layer with fresh vegetables or serve as a dip with chips or veggies