The Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook by Michelle Ann Anderson ($33.95, Cumberland House, 2008)
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbsp champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1 cup diced honeydew melon
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 8 cup torn butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together the honey, mustard, vinegar, lemon zest, garlic powder, pepper and poppy seeds in a medium non-reactive bowl.
- Mix together the chicken, melons, avocado, and grapes into the bowl with the salad dressing. Cover and refrigerate for an hour, or until completely chilled.
- Arrange lettuce on a large serving platter, mound with chicken salad. Sprinkle cashews over the top and serve.