- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup organic plain whole-milk kefir
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled, divided
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 bunch fresh parsley (1 inch of stems trimmed and discarded)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head frisée, roughly chopped
- 1 head green or red leaf lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup radishes, quartered
- For onions: Soak onion in lime juice and salt for 30 min-utes. Drain and discard liquid.
- For dressing: In a blender, combine kefir, half of avocado, the lemon juice, chives, tarragon, parsley, garlic, and pinch of sea salt. Purée and, with the blender running, drizzle oil in slowly, until dressing is smooth and has a beautiful dark avocado green color. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- To plate: In a large bowl, combine frisée, lettuce, drained onions, and radishes. Add goddess dressing to sides of bowl and mix well*. Sea-son with more sea salt if needed.
- Transfer salad to a large platter and garnish with remaining avocado, sliced.
When dressing salads, always pour the dressing in along the sides of the bowl, and then gently mix the salad against the sides. This avoids the thick clump of wet leaves that can result if you add all of the dressing to the middle of the salad.
281 Calories, 6 g Protein, 18 g Carbohydrates, 7 g Fiber, 23 g Total fat (4 g sat), 359 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, K, ★★★★ Vitamin A, ★★★ Vitamin B6, Folate, ★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), E, Iron, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B3 (niacin), Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc