- 1 (6 oz) can water-packed albacore tuna
- 3/4 cup finely chopped Honeycrisp, Gala, or Fuji apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions, green and white parts
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 4 butter or Boston lettuce leaves
- 4 slices European cucumber
- 2 lightly packed c watercress sprigs
- In a mixing bowl, finely flake tuna with a fork.
- Mix in apple, green pepper, and scallions. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine. Mix in canola oil. The salad may be covered and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, mix in dill and lemon zest.
- Line 2 salad plates each with 2 lettuce leaves. Add 2 cucumber slices. Mound one-half of tuna salad on each plate. Surround with watercress sprigs. Serve.
220 Calories; 10 g Total fat (1 g sat); 12 g Carbohydrates; 22 g Protein; 3g Fiber; 55 mg Sodium